Special Educational Needs at Crofton Infants’ School
Welcome to the SEND page of Crofton Infants’ School! We strongly believe in creating an inclusive environment where every child feels valued, respected and supported. We strive to promote a culture of acceptance and understanding, where differences are celebrated and everyone is encouraged to reach their full potential. Our inclusive practices are embedded in all aspects of school life, from teaching and learning to social and emotional support. We are committed to working collaboratively with parents, carers and external agencies to ensure that every child’s individual needs are met and that they are fully included in all aspects of school life.
The admission arrangements for pupils with statements of special educational needs are governed by the LA’s admission policy for all pupils. If children are identified as having special educational needs, then the parents are consulted immediately and, if necessary, outside agencies are involved in order to devise strategies to meet the needs of the child.
The Special Needs Co-ordinator, Mrs Dominique Sawyer, works with the rest of the staff to provide appropriate work and to support inclusion. Parents are encouraged to ask about the policy and the Code of Practice.
Please contact Dominique Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can I contact for further information?
- If you would like to discuss your child’s special educational needs please contact the school office to arrange a meeting with our SENCo Mrs Sawyer.
- If you are considering sending your child to Crofton Infants’ School, please make an appointment to arrange a visit to our school. You will have the opportunity to discuss your child’s specific needs and to ask any questions relating to your child’s education.
Wakefield Parent Carer Forum is an independent parent carer forum who work with families of children with special educational needs and/or disability, aged 0-25 years old, living in the Wakefield area.
- Education Health and Care Plans
- SENDIASS- Going to meetings
- Benefits and Entitlements
You can browse upcoming webinars using this link: https://www.witherslackgroup.co.uk/support-and-events/webinars/