At Crofton Infants we do the following:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support
Universal Support– To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
Additional support– For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support– For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as wellbeing groups or personal mentors.
We have an ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) to work with our children.
Future in mind
As part of our whole school approach to supporting children’s emotional and mental wellbeing, we work with our Future In Mind practitioner, Kathryn Thomas, to provide support to children who may be struggling with anxiety.
Future In Mind is a national ititiative from the Department of Health and NHS England, and works alongside CAMHS to provide mental health services for children, young people and their families